Analgesic Antipyretic Injection
COMPOSITION:Each 1 ml contains:
Carprofen 50 mg.
Carprofen, the active ingredient of AVIPROFEN, is a non-narcotic, Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID), having both analgesic and anti-pyretic properties.
Carprofen works by inhibiting cyclooxygenase activity. Carprofen has also been proven to inhibit the release of several prostaglandins in two inflammatory cell systems polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMN) and rheumatoid synovial cells, indicating inhibition of acute (PMN system) and chronic synovial cell system.
AVIPROFEN is indicated for the relief of pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis and for the control of postoperative pain associated with soft tissue (including intra-ocular) and orthopedic surgeries in dogs. In cats AVIPROFEN is indicated for the control of post-operative pain following surgery.
AVIPROFEN is recommended for the alleviation of inflammation in different musculoskeletal disorders in horses, reduces pain and pyrexia caused by different infectious diseases in bovine especially Bovine Respiratory Disease as well as endotoxemia in various conditions including genital infections.
Doses and Administration:
- Horses and Ponies: 1 ml per 70 kg body weight.
- (Equivalent to 0.7 mg/kg b. wt.) Up to 5-10 days by intravenous injection as a single dose
- Dogs and Cats: 1 ml per 12.5 kg body weight.
- (Equivalent to 4.0 mg/kg b. wt.) once daily, or 1 ml per 25 kg body weight (2.0 mg/kg b.wt.) twice daily by subcutaneous route only.
- Cattle: 1 ml per 35 kg body weight.
- (Equivalent to 1.4 mg/kg b. wt.) once daily by subcutaneous or Intravenous routes.
Cattle shouldn’t be slaughtered for human consumption up to 21 days after last treatment.
Not to be used in horses intended for human consumption.
Not to be used in cattle producing milk for human consumption.
Measure weight carefully in cats.
Avoid concomitant administration with any nephrotoxic drug.
Avoid concomitant administration with any other NSAID drug.
Store in a dark place at a temperature below 30º C.
50 and 100 ml amber glass bottles.
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY