Composition: Each 1 ml contains:
Ivermectin 5 mg.
The Ivermectin family of compounds of which Ivermectin is a member kills certain parasitic nematodes (roundworms) and arthropods. The action is unique and not shared by other antiparasitic agents and involves a chemical that serves as a signal from one nerve cell to another or from a nerve cell to a muscle cell. This chemical a neurotransmitter is called gamma aminobutyric acid or GABA.
In roundworms, Invermectin stimulates the release of GABA from nerve endings and enhances binding of GABA to special receptors at nerve junctions, thus interrupting nerve impulses, thereby paralyzing and killing the parasite.
The enhancement of the GABA effect in arthropods resembles that in roundworms except that nerve impulses are interrupted between the nerve ending and the muscle cell. Again, this leads to paralysis and death in most species.
It is used for the control and treatment of gastro – intestinal nematodes, lungworms, warbles, chorioptic and sarcoptic mange and sucking and biting lice of cattle and buffaloes.
Dosage and Administration:
Cattle & buffaloes: 1 ml per 10 kg bodyweight (Equivalent to500 mcg/kg bodyweight).
The formulation should be applied along the mid- line of the back in a narrow strip between the withers and tailhead.
Meat: 28 Days.
Milk: Not to use in animals producing milk for human consumption.
Contraindication and warning:
- FLAMMABLE – KEEP AWAY FROM HEAT, SPARKS, OPEN FLAME OR OTHER SOURCES OF IGNITION.
- Do not treat cattle when their hide or hair is wet.
- Do not treat cattle if rain is expected, as rain within 6 hours of treatment may reduce efficacy.
- Do not smoke or eat while handling the product.
- Do not apply to areas of skin which have manage scabs or other lesions or to areas contaminated with mud or manure.
- Avimec Pour-On for cattle may be irritating to human skin and eyes and the user should be careful not to apply it to himself or other persons.
- Operator should wear rubber gloves and boots with a waterproof coat when applying the product. Protective clothing should be washed after use.
- If accidental skin contact occurs, wash the affected area immediately with soap and water and get medical attention.
- Keep away from children.
Store in a dark place at a temperature below 30 º C.
100, 500 ml and 1 liter bottles.
For Veterinary Use only