Composition: Each 1ml contains:
Amoxicillin (as Amoxicillin Trihydrate) 150 mg
AVIMOX- LA a long acting broad spectrum amoxicillin based antibiotic for use in cattle, sheep, dogs and cats where a single injection giving prolonged antibiotic cover is required.
AVIMOX- LA is a broad-spectrum, bactericidal antibiotic. In vitro, amoxicillin is active against a wide range of both Gram-positive and Gram-negative organisms including: Actinobacillus equuli, Actinobacillus lignieresi, Actinomyces bovis, Bacillus anthracis, Bordetella bronchiseptica,Clostridium spp.Corynebacterium spp., Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae,Escherichia coli, Fusiformis spp., Haemophilus spp., Moraxella spp., Mannheimia spp. Proteus mirabilis, Pasteurella spp. staphylococci and streptococci.
AVIMOX- LA is for the treatment of infections caused by micro-organisms sensitive to amoxicillin in cattle, sheep, dogs and cats. Avimox-LA is indication for the treatment of Alimentary tract infection, Respiratory tract, Skin and soft tissue, Urogenital tract and in prevention of post-operative infection (treat before surgery).
Dosage and administration:
- Cattle and sheep: by intramuscular injection only.
- Dogs and cats: intramuscular or subcutaneous injection.
- In general 1 ml per 10 kg bodyweight (Equivalent to 15 mg/kg b. wt.), repeated if necessary after 48 hours.
- A separate injection site should be used for each administration.
Suggested doses are:
Meat: 45 days
Milk: Not to be used in animals producing milk for human consumption.
Contra-indications & warnings:
- Do not administer via intravenous.
- AVIMOX- LA Injection should not be administered to animals sensitive to penicillin.
- Allergies to amoxicillin can occur rarely.
- Only dry, sterile needles and syringes should be used for administration.
- Shake the vial before use.
Store at a temperature below 30C.
50 & 100 ml transparence glass bottles.
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY